Persistent Systems has been contributing to local and regional Health and Education institutions since 1995. The Persistent Foundation was formed in 2008 to institutionalize Corporate Social Responsibility within Persistent and to develop a systematic approach to administer the process of grant of donations. Persistent earmarks 2% of net profit for Persistent Foundation programs annually.
At broad level, the Foundation’s comprises of the following:
- Designing, planning and implementing its own social projects with the help of Persistent Systems’ employees or partners from the respective domain
- Supporting & facilitating social projects initiated and driven by Persistent Systems’ employees
- Providing monetary support to a number of social initiatives of Associate NGOs by generating funds through cause-specific donation drives among Persistent Systems’ employees
- Capacity-building of Associate NGOs by providing them donations on annual basis
- Organizing social events for networking, social cause awareness and knowledge-sharing
Today, the Persistent Foundation works in following 9 social domains of three major focus areas – Health, Education & Community Development in Pune, Nagpur, Hyderabad & Goa.
Know more about Persistent Foundation: www.persistentfoundation.org
In Healthcare, the Persistent Foundation focuses on Children’s Health, Women’s Health & Healthcare for differently-abled & elderly people. In association with like-minded NGO’s & implementation partners the foundation undertakes various programs. Hallmark Projects in Healthcare are:
- Children’s Health: 20 point clinical health check-up and weekly doctor facility at slum & rural schools in Pune, Nagpur and Goa
- Women’s Health: Breast cancer screening program, health check-ups & health education of urban slum women in Pune
- Healthcare for Elderly & Differently Abled: Cataract operation projects across all locations, facial cleft operation project, weekly healthcare facility for elderly care centers and special schools in Pune
In Education, the Persistent Foundation focuses on Computer Education, Education for the poor, and Girls’ Education. Hallmark projects in Education are:
- Computer Education: Persistent Foundation E-school lab project, Cyber Champs, National ICT quiz programs and SCRATCH training program run by Persistent employees
- Education for the Poor: Student sponsorship program, School upliftment project, Mobile Science Lab, Study centers at slums project
- Girls Education: Girls scholarship program and 10th std. Reward program
In Community Development, the Persistent Foundation focuses on Village Upliftment, Water Conservation projects and Welfare activities for differently-abled & elderly people Hallmark projects in Community Development are:
- Village & Urban upliftment: 4 village upliftment projects in Pune region and 1 in Nagpur. Village upliftment means providing all top prioritized health, education & other developmental facilities
- Pune Cyber & Forensic Labs: Persistent Foundation has availed cyber lab & forensic lab for Pune Police.
- Water Conservation Projects: Help resolve water scarcity situations in Velhe Bhor cluster, Hiware village in Purander Taluka, and Vegare village near Mulashi
- Welfare for Elderly: 2 elderly care centers upliftment involving provision of health and other developmental facilities and monetary support to various differently abled schools