Manufacturing & Operations
“Many companies are piloting Fourth Industrial Revolution initiatives in manufacturing, but few have managed to integrate Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies at scale to realize significant economic and financial benefits.”– World Economic Forum
Industrial companies are uniquely challenged in the race to digital maturity, with one foot in the all-digital information technology (IT) world of product design and engineering and the other firmly planted in the highly analog (OT) operational technology world of manufacturing and operations.
The more factories you support and the more complex your products are – including aerospace & defense, automobiles and industrial manufacturing – the more likely you are to experience significant, frustrating setbacks in your digital maturity journey.
As a premier global industrial solutions integrator, Persistent Systems offers unparalleled experience and expertise with the IT/OT stack, focused in several service and support areas:
Persistent Solutions for Dassault Systèmes Manufacturing Operations
Today’s manufacturing environment of higher quality, lower margins, and faster time to market demands a new generation of Manufacturing Operation Management (MOM) software solutions. Solutions that:
- Create Digital Continuity across Design & Engineering with Manufacturing
- Digitize Lean practices for your teams
- Deliver uninterrupted supply of products and balancing production lines
- Improve production and quality rate with plant simulation and NC Programming
That’s the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform by Dassault Systèmes, one of the most trusted names in product design, development, manufacturing and production operations for nearly 40 years. Persistent Systems, a certified Dassault Systèmes Value Solutions Partner, offers a variety of focused services designed to help you fully integrate, optimize and maximize your PLM and Manufacturing investment.
Data and Analytics Solutions
Manufacturers are facing significant margin pressures and the growing need to respond to market demands at speed. This requires planning to scale delivery for a variety of scenarios, including small batch, customized, multi-product and mass production runs – all while exceeding profitability targets.
To meet these challenges and opportunities head on, manufacturers need to get the right data at the right time to the right roles in the right way. This data needs to be collected across the disparate manufacturing systems, then processed, analyzed and delivered appropriately.
Persistent’s Industrial Data Lake solution enables your organization to derive business value from your data by:
- Ingesting data from various operating, production and emerging sources from across your organization
- Structuring the data into one of five categories: Operations, Discovery, Governance, Exploration or Security
- Infusing your data with proven manufacturing AI and ML models and algorithms, empowering your teams to:
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Enable predictive maintenance to reduce unplanned downtime
- Determine how product quality might be impacted under a variety of production scenarios
- Mitigate or solve supply chain issues before they can harm your KPIs and your reputation
In the highly complex world of continuous manufacturing and production, factory floor operators, managers and leaders need dashboards and data visualizations that present information cleanly and clearly, enabling fast, accurate decision making.
Persistent’s Data Visualization and Dashboard services ensure your people have the precise information they need at their fingertips. Our team of industrial experts and UX/UI specialists can develop intuitive dashboards and business intelligence solutions that are highly customized for your business needs.
These dashboards and visualizations allow you to:
- Monitor your highly complex production systems and processes at a glance, acting decisively and correctly.
- Respond quickly to text/SMS based warnings and alerts whenever an asset, process or facility is performing outside of the thresholds you’ve set.
- Identify and address potential performance bottlenecks throughout your specific processes via our visual modelling tools, improving your process metrics and KPIs.
Persistent Systems industrial customers have seen immediate process and business benefits after implementing our intelligent dashboards and data visualizations, including:
- A 35% decline in unplanned downtime for critical manufacturing equipment at a bearings manufacturing facility
- An immediate 5-7% reduction in energy consumption for a global adhesive manufacturer
- Improved product quality and throughput for one aluminum coil manufacturer
Let Persistent Systems industrial engineers and UI/UX specialists craft the customized data and analytics your organization needs to unlock the full potential of your people, processes and production capabilities.
Consulting and Assessments
Digital transformation initiatives take a great deal of energy to get underway, which is why it’s so critical to maintain and build on positive momentum. If your transformation has stalled, Persistent Systems can help you get back on track, quickly.
In just a few weeks, our industrial experts can help you chart out a customized roadmap of short-term and mid-term projects – based on your digital maturity and technology stack – designed to deliver a series of quick wins that enhance your operational efficiency and profitability. As part of that process, our team will:
- Work to fully understand the impact of Digital Manufacturing at your plant(s)
- Assess your current level of digital maturity relative to key industry parameters and baselines
- Identify key initiatives using effort/impact analysis and journey maps
- Define a customized, focused roadmap that:
- Identifies the key projects and investment opportunities to support your operations, maturity and process and business goals
- Prioritizes projects, including phases if needed, to focus on quick wins and maximized ROI
- Delivers solution blueprint for pilot projects to maximize your chances for success
Product and Application Development
In most complex manufacturing IT ecosystems, software platforms and applications are rarely able to address the IT/OT integration needs of industrial organizations right off the shelf. You’ll need focused support to deliver the custom features and supporting applications that unlock the full potential of the software and your organization alike.
When it comes to product and application development, Persistent Systems delivers the development breadth and industry depth your business requires, including:
- More than 1,000 industrial experts worldwide who can deeply understand your software and integration needs and challenges
- More than 8,000 engineering, programming and technical experts offering the exact scope, scale and skill your product or application needs
- Unequalled experience when it comes to supporting IBM’s Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM), since Persistent has been the primary developer of the suite of applications for many years now on IBM’s behalf
- 25 years of custom software solutions development experience that 14 of the top 20 technology companies in the world rely on every day
- Proven manufacturing industry expertise, like our Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) solution, developed with AWS
Managed and Cloud Services
Industrial and manufacturing organizations who want to adopt new technology and solutions but have concerns about the large capital and maintenance on premise solutions require have a compelling alternative: managed and cloud services from Persistent Systems.
Manufacturers and developers that rely on Persistent Systems to manage their critical manufacturing and operations platforms have experienced:
- Faster preparation and initial rollout
- Faster time to use/value
- Decreased maintenance resources
- Decreased system downtime
- Ability to leverage new features quickly
- Improved system support
Our managed services support options include:
- On premises, cloud or hybrid models available to meet your exact needs and integrate fully with your IT ecosystem, working with our various cloud partners including AWS.
- Onshore, Nearshore and Offshore support options to match your needs and budget.
- EU or US Citizen-specific support options for defense, military and government manufacturers
Persistent Systems also offers manufacturers several distinct ways to maximize the benefits of cloud and accelerate your time to value in the process, including Enterprise Cloud Migration, Enterprise Application Modernization and Cloud-Native Development.
Our development teams are highly experienced at developing new cloud-native applications for a variety of industries including Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing, and Autonomous Vehicles, enabling companies to accelerate time-to-market and time-to-value while reducing development costs.
When you select Persistent Systems as your cloud partner, you’ll be able to:
- Rapidly reap the benefits of the latest technologies
- Scale quickly when your business and processes demand it
- Leapfrog your competition with a superior technology stack
- Adapt rapidly to changing market, compliance, business or customer needs
- Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your operations at a lower, more predicable expense
The factory floor is often the last mile in any manufacturer’s digital transformation journey, holding you back from achieving the advantages in quality, speed, price, efficiency and effectiveness you need to get ahead of your competition – and stay there.
Contact us to help you get more from your existing IT investments and unlock your true potential to deliver higher quality products in less time at lower cost.
You May Be Interested In
Increasing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE): Practical Challenges and Recommendations
Persistent Systems: Product Engineering and Operational Technology Services Profile — A Singular Focus on Software