- The customer is a Fortune 500 company dealing with large scale production and distribution of beer products in US
- Multiple groups within the organization needed data for making key decisions, to roll out promotions, and to forecast sales across regions
- Needed a tech platform that allowed for agility while also ensuring that the enterprise constraints for security, and governance were adhered to
- Wanted to use various data types: structured, unstructured, semi structured and use AI strategy decisions.
- Developed and deployed data mesh architecture
- Created data domains for different business needs – sales, marketing, analytics, forecasting
- Cloud migration with data-as-a-service approach with Snowflake as data platform.
- Self-service centralized data engineering platform that provides analytical database as a platform; DataOps — data and workflow orchestration as code, data quality testing and profiling as code, data transformation as code, version control / CI / CD, monitoring, alerting and logging; and event streaming as a platform.
Enabled users to meet consumption requirements
Ability to extract, process, and store
Key benefit of data mesh
Enabled ability to scale and optimize