Leading US-based mutual property/casualty insurance organization leverages AWS cloud for IT transformation and modernization to increase business agility and speed-to-market.
Vermont Mutual wanted to help their agents better serve their customers by standardizing their policy underwriting systems. Focused on driving the organization’s business transformation initiatives, the company decided to improve operational efficiencies within the core processes across their product offerings. The business stakeholders wanted to reduce operational cost with automation and create an agile environment for accelerating time to market.
As their existing legacy technology stack was not flexible enough to adapt to new business models and enterprise-wide change management, Vermont Mutual decided to:
- Migrate all Quote and App functionalities for multiple products from their legacy system to AWS cloud.
- Replace current bridging/real-time rating interface with modern technology stack and API-lead microservices architecture.
- Integrate with Guidewire InsuranceNow policy admin system for rating and underwriting activities.
Persistent recommended and implemented Vermont Mutual’s AWS migration initiative and provided complete support for their core IT modernization program initiatives, including:
- Designing the Enterprise Database
- Modernizing the customer/user experience by leveraging proprietary Design Thinking approach and Digital Greenhouse framework
- Quote Creation
- Premium Calculation
- Application Submission
- Policy Inquiry
Support Real Time Rate Quotes
Monthly Insurance Agents Use the System
Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) for 3+ Years
- Migrating to AWS cloud helped Vermont Mutual improve turn-around-time and quality of response to communications, transactions and service needs of agents and policy holders
- Implemented the insurance rater that carried out around 80% of new policies
- Ensured compliance with ACORD standards
- Reduced complexity of process design and improved user experience
Technology Stack Used
- Java for Microservices APIs
- React.js as User Experience
- Guidewire (InsuranceNow) as SOR and Rating Engine System
- Corticon as Business Rule Engine
- Appian for process automation
- Smart Communication as PDF Document Generation
- MySQL as new RDBMS