The client, one of the world’s leading global clinical research organizations (CRO), provides clinical development capabilities and integrated consulting expertise to streamline trials and ensure regulatory compliance for their customer sponsors in the life sciences and pharmaceutical industry.
To provide functional consulting and technical services for their sponsors, we needed to navigate a complex infrastructure and application management landscape – while ensuring patient safety at all times.
They wanted to maintain their leadership and required redesigning their legacy integration platform and the challenges it presented with regards to reliability and data availability as they scaled up.
To address these challenges, the client embarked on a digital transformation journey to modernize their legacy systems and build an enhanced digital ecosystem for efficient Clinical Research along with their sponsors for clinical development and drug discovery. The initiative focused on enabling scalability, simplifying integration, and delivering operational efficiencies by optimizing their data environment.
To enable business scalability, agility, and new capabilities, Persistent conducted a detailed study of the existing system and architecture, and prepared technical design documents to build the services in MuleSoft with improved architecture and design.
- Designed and implemented a state-of-the-art middleware architecture with extensive operational intelligence to manage end-to-end integration, including external partners. We designed and developed over 150+ services and integrated over 10 applications.
- Design and implementation of an integration platform and supported data management to promote automated transformation lookups.
The messaging solution leveraged Kafka streams and a DevOps pipeline to manage the Runtime Fabric-based deployment model. Runtime Fabric is a container-based service that provides an environment for all customer managed infrastructure.
- Reduce interfaces by 50% and simplify/strengthen the integration architecture
- Experience on-demand data and functionalities as an API-enabled enterprise
- Improved overall TAT and reduced implementation costs
- Reduce risk with reusable API-led connectivity and data integration
- End-to-end integration including external partners
- Reduced data latency
Persistent supported the client’s data management requirements by creating a data lake architecture for Clinical Trial Management System data to promote automated transformation lookups.
As a result of the partnership, We helped the client modernize their core clinical management systems to stay ahead of the competition, increase scalability, and improve system security