August 25, 2022
Learn about the opportunity to build a solution that can make a real impact for communities in need through deployment support from the Linux Foundation.
- Panel Discussion with subject matter experts, academia leaders, and Persistent leaders
- Hear from 2021 Global Challenge winners, Saaf Water, on their experience and solution that provides AI-powered quality information to impoverished communities in India.
- Design Thinking – Workshop to get started with your solution idea
Insights from Leaders and Networking
- Keynote session by Dr. Anand Deshpande – Founder, Chairman and Managing Director, Persistent Systems
- Network with a community of developers, entrepreneurs, students, and problem solvers, including Persistent leadership, who share a similar passion for #techforgood.
Arrive early to network and participate for an opportunity to win swag and door prizes.
Build your skills in emerging technologies while solving real-world sustainability challenges. Develop your solution and gain recognition within the Persistent and IBM communities with a chance to win USD $200K.
As part of the 5th annual Call for Code Global Challenge, design and build an open-source solution in the cloud to take on a sustainability issue. We’re calling on teams of developers and problem solvers to leverage open innovation and develop technology solutions that address specific global sustainability problems in unique, clearly demonstrable ways.
Real code helping real people
Through Call for Code, top solutions receive implementation support from IBM and the Call for Code ecosystem to make a real impact in the communities with the greatest need, working with partners like the United Nations and the Linux Foundation. Deployments are underway across the globe.
You can build a great team in many ways, but the most successful teams often bring together diverse skill sets to design unique and impactful solutions. Consider building your team to include:
- Builders – The tech lead of your team with coding background and technical know-how to take your solution from idea to working reality.
- Designers – The UX expert to ensure that solution is user-friendly and visually appealing. Designers bring creative vision to technical problem solving, making what you build sleek and easy to consume.
- Communicators – Good communicators make complex ideas simple and inspiring. Your team’s calculating hustler is essential in articulating the problem and succinctly defining how the solution can make a difference in a profound, unique, consumable way.
- Humanitarians – Altruistic thinkers who understand the complex problems at hand in a truly human way and are committed to finding a solution to make a demonstrable difference.
Benefits of mentorship through Persistent
Attend and sign up to receive mentoring from Persistent tech experts to increase your chances to win by getting their guidance for your solution.
- Weekly connects with Persistent mentors
- Participation certificate from Persistent Systems
- Awards for the top three best submissions