Today, the journey of a majority of healthcare consumers begins with searching for providers online
followed by a comparative analysis to arrive at a decision. To cater to ever-changing patient needs,
healthcare and life sciences firms have come up with state-of-the-art innovations. Here are
a couple of examples of healthcare and life sciences innovations brilliantly executed by prominent healthcare providers and life sciences firms.
- Personalized omnichannel patient experience – One of the prestigious US healthcare providers, Cleveland Clinic has shown us how well-designed personalized content and omnichannel marketing can pave the way for enhanced patient engagement. Personalized omnichannel marketing helped Cleveland Clinic boost its web traffic from 0 to 67 million sessions in just 6 years and increase patient engagement by 500% in the last 6 years.
- Analytics driven hospitalization management -NorthShore University HealthSystem’s emergency departments harnessed predictive analytics to better identify which patients with chest pain are at a high risk of a heart attack and which patients should be hospitalized. NorthShore’s analytics-driven chest pain management in ED (emergency department) reduced the chest pain observation days rate by 10% without increasing the rate of ED returns.
What are the key challenges currently faced by healthcare and life sciences firms?
Healthcare providers and pharma companies play a key role in the diagnosis, treatment, nursing, and management of illness, disease, and injury with cutting-edge innovation. But they often face a lot of difficulties when it comes to driving pivotal business operations by leveraging digital technologies:
How can a comprehensive patient care platform enable healthcare providers and pharma companies resolve these challenges?
In an industry riddled with fierce competition, increasingly complex regulations, and high consumer attrition, a data-driven comprehensive patient care platform can provide a competitive edge. Here are a few key benefits of comprehensive patient care platform that significantly addresses the aforementioned challenges faced by healthcare providers and pharma companies.
- Effective targeting strategy – A comprehensive patient care platform exploits data to devise a highly accurate and effective targeting strategy. Higher targeting efficacy results in lower advertising expenses and higher conversion rates.
- Omnichannel patient experience – A blog on healthcare marketing statistics published by Invoca suggests that over 60% of consumers researching nursing homes run a search before scheduling an appointment. The same blog also mentions that 94% of patients utilizes online reviews to evaluate healthcare providers and healthcare digital advertising spend accounted for 46% of all healthcare ad spend last year. An exhibit from the same blog is presented below
These facts indicate that omnichannel patient engagement is the next chapter of healthcare marketing. To get a head start in omnichannel healthcare marketing, providers need to leverage comprehensive patient care platform that offers seamless and personalized omnichannel patient experience and ensures multifold increase in consumer loyalty.
3. Provider and pharma analytics – According to a Gartner article on top trends affecting the healthcare industry, adoption of predictive analytics is one of top 12 healthcare trends with high impact. A recent article published by BCG Gamma, the AI wing of BCG, establishes the fact that adherence to vaccine administration among children can be significantly improved harnessing an analytics-driven recommendation tool. An exhibit from the same article is presented below
Comprehensive patient care platform offers seamless integration of marketing platform, care management platform, EMR system, and social media platforms. The integrated patient information enables healthcare provider and pharma companies to build highly accurate predictive analytics models to enhance drug efficacy and treatment adherence and to deliver patient-centered care.
4. Patient self-service – Comprehensive patient care platform provides healthcare provider an unparallel advantage of offering high value patient self-service capabilities including scheduling appointments, tracking treatment progress, self-triaging symptoms, etc.
Why Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare-driven ecosystem augmented by Power Platform and Azure is the best way to build a holistic platform for patient care?
Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare-driven ecosystem offers trusted, integrated capabilities that make it easier to improve the entire healthcare experience. It also provides outcomes-focused AI solutions from Microsoft + Nuance to help healthcare providers and pharma companies innovate for the future. Here is why Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare-driven ecosystem augmented by Power Platform and Azure is the best way to build a holistic platform for patient care.
Persistent’s ‘Patient Care NXT’ Platform can highly accelerate your journey to build a comprehensive patient care platform
As a trusted Partner (OCP & Tier 1 Gold) for 30+ years, Persistent is a leader in designing, implementing, and driving transformational patient care engagements. Persistent’s ‘Patient Care NXT’ Platform can enable healthcare providers and pharma customers harness the power of Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare-driven ecosystem, Power Platform, and Azure to improve patient outcomes by delivering patient-centered care and to achieve highly enhanced patient satisfaction.
“Sounds interesting. Where shall I get more information about the solution?”
Click here to learn more about Persistent’s ‘Patient Care NXT’ Platform.
Click here to learn more about Persistent’s global Microsoft Practice.