Leading provider of mortgage and real-estate marketplace solutions needed to reduce high
data warehouse operating costs and centralize reporting.
- High operating cost of on-prem data platforms, Oracle Exadata, led to desire to migrate to pay-per-use cloud infrastructure.
- Multiple ETL tools hampered centralized reporting.
- No possibility of “as-is” migration from Exadata to Snowflake using Oracle’s cursor-based row-by-row processing.
- Developed migration procedures with bulk load to address Oracle’s cursor-based processing.
- Single view of Exadata architecture. Eliminated non-standard nomenclature from schema names. Clear demarcation between staging, data warehouse and datamart layers that was previously lacking.
- An entirely new data warehouse architecture with Snowflake. Consolidated all ETL tools – Perl, Informatica, Pentaho, Talend into Rivery.
- Detailed trainings on Snowflake and Rivery.
migrated from Oracle Exadata to Snowflake
and cut down high on-prem operating costs
of additional customer and service lines