To ensure a work environment free of harassment based on gender, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or other protected classifications.
- Company’ shall mean Persistent Systems Limited (India operations).
- ‘Employee’ means any person employed in the Company for any work on regular, temporary, voluntary, ad hoc basis either directly or through an agent, including co-worker, contractors, contract worker, probationer, consultants, trainees.
- Employer: The Policy is applicable to Persistent Systems Limited and its subsidiary companies and are engaged / working in India for the time being. The HR Department is the owner of the Policy and the Board of Directors in its meeting held on April 23 and 24, 2018 has appointed Mr. Sameer Bendre, Chief People Officer as the ‘Employer’ for the purpose of this Policy.
- ‘Harassment’ means any behavior based on gender, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or other protected classifications, directed towards a specific person(s), and which affects working environment adversely. Harassment may take place at work, work related event / activity / outside workplace and may occur during or after office hours.
Examples of Harassment include but not limited to the following:
- Any form of pressure for unwanted sexual advances or use of sexual innuendo
- Verbal sexual abuse disguised as humor
- Display of sexually explicit pictures, pornography, cartoons, graffiti, drawings
- Repeated references to various parts of the body at inappropriate times
- Request for dates when the other person has made it clear that she or he is not interested
- Constant sexual joking
- Sexist language
- Making of express or implied promises, rewards or benefits for complying with sexual favors or making threats, reprisals or denial of opportunity for refusal to so comply.
- Physical aggression, assault
- Unwelcome touching, hugging, patting or pinching
- Continuous taunting / remarks
- Intentional disturbance by making noise
- Unwelcome whistling or any other suggestive gestures or remarks
- Any unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect health or safety
- Creating an intimidating or offensive work environment
- ‘ICC’ means the Internal Complaints Committee constituted and which will be responsible to carry out the functions and obligations under this Policy.
The Company is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment based on gender, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or other protected classifications.
The Company expects that all relationships among co-workers in the workplace will be free of bias, prejudice and harassment. The Company will not permit
any individual to harass others directly or indirectly with whom he/she has business interactions including but not limited to other employees, contractors, consultants, visitors, customers and vendors, or permit any outsider to harass its employees.
This Policy is applicable to all the employees of Persistent Systems Limited and its subsidiary companies and are engaged / working in India for the time being.
Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
ICC shall have a Chairperson / Presiding Officer (the ‘Chairperson’) and 3 other members for each location in India.
To abide by the directions given by the ICC
To read, understand and acknowledge the Anti-Harassment Policy
To cooperate in the cases of investigation
To report the instances of harassment without any fear of any back-lash to the ICC
To not use this policy to make frivolous or malicious charges against fellow colleagues
Cases that involve allegations of sexual harassment are especially sensitive and special attention will be given to the issue of privacy for all individuals. Information will be released only on need-to-know basis.
This policy strictly prohibits any kind of intimidation or harassment of individuals who have filed complaints, instituted proceedings, assisted in investigations, or formally or informally objected to discriminatory practices, irrespective of the final outcome.
Frivolous or False Charges
This policy shall not be misused to bring frivolous or malicious charges against fellow colleagues. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against any person bringing a charge of harassment in bad faith. This may cause disciplinary actions including but not limited to a written apology, warning, reprimand or censure, withholding of promotion, withholding of pay rise or increments or any component of the remuneration, terminating the respondent from service or undergoing a counseling session or carrying out community service.
The procedure for making anti-harassment complaint is enumerated below:
In case of inability of the employee to report the incident to ICC on account of physical or mental incapacity or death or otherwise, the employee’s legal heirs or such other person as may be prescribed may make the complaint to the ICC. Further, in case of complaint received from employee against a person outside the Company, the Company will provide the necessary support to the employee.
For detailed procedure, please refer the policy document.