How a cloud-platform provider for mortgage finance went beyond transactional support to monetize data despite being in a heavily regulated industry.
Ellie Mae, a leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry, wished to go beyond transactional support to empower customers with valuable insights.
- On-prem architecture had no simple way to express data requirements
- Performance of the data processing pipeline suffered as data grew
- Existing setup lacked the flexibility to build new solutions on demand
40% reduction in infrastructure costs and addition of revenue streams
- Shorter time to close loans with clear visibility into loan bottlenecks
- Increased opportunity spotting with insights
- Eliminated management of complex data platform infrastructure
- Improved data reliability across all customers
- Modernized the platform by moving to AWS
- Built a secure and compliant cloud database with customer-wise data separation
- Provided pay-as-you-go clean, curated and encrypted data aggregated from all lenders
- Scrubbed for privacy and delivered benchmarks and peer insights