The client has been spearheading projects to get the best commercial and residential properties to their subscribers in India. They encountered various limitations on the platform with regards to coordinate the planning and execution of their projects.
- Lack of centralized management of the platform meant more resources and time to run the platform
- Absence of the platform on mobile devices
- Limited space per user
Hence, the client evaluated several other cloud-based tools and decided to migrate to Google Workspace. All their employees – business heads, engineering teams, sales teams, and marketing and HR departments were migrated to G Suite by Persistent, a Google Cloud Premier partner. The deployment engineers from Persistent helped in the migration of all the client’s server data from the previous platform to Google Workspace. Also, Google Mobile Device Management was set up to enable their employees to access company data from remote locations on their mobile devices. End user and Admin training were conducted to support the client during the transition phase and online learning materials were circulated for quick reference.
During the switch, their day-to-day communication was not disrupted. The client gained the following once the migration was completed:
- With Google Workspace, all their data could be found at one place – the cloud. This reduced operational and platform management overheads
- They could access their data and documents remotely on their handheld devices
- Additional security benefits like encryption of data and measures to prevent any data breach
- They have visibility into their documents usage and sharing patterns
The most beneficial feature for them has been the real-time collaboration they get to do on their design architecture diagrams with Google Drive and Gmail.