When the IT analysts at Gartner presented their top 10 strategic IoT technology trends for 2018 to 2023, one trend topped the list: AI and IoT.
Gartner forecasts the total number of connected devices will reach 25 billion by 2021, producing immense volume of data. “Data is the fuel that powers the IoT and the organization’s ability to derive meaning from it will define their long-term success,” said Nick Jones, research vice president at Gartner. “AI will be applied to a wide range of IoT information, including video, still images, speech, network traffic activity and sensor data.”
To deliver on the promise of AI-enabled IoT, Persistent Systems applies more than a decade of experience integrating Watson into a variety of applications to support four key functions:
Analyze and interpret all your data just as humans
- Unstructured text
Use machine learning to grow subject matter expertise
in your apps and systems using:
- Data points
Infer and extract ideas and provide recommendations
by understanding a user’s:
Communicate naturally 24/7 via speech or in native applications via:
- Social media
Our Unique Flywheel Approach
Persistent Systems relies on our proven Flywheel Approach that blends IoT, data, APIs, machine learning/AI and continuous engineering to build great customer experiences and helps transform customer business.
Examples of Watson-based solutions developed by Persistent Systems include:
Enterprise Cognitive Concierge from Persistent Systems
Improve your customer experience, naturally and cost-effectively.
For businesses that believe delivering a superior customer experience is essential to their success, Persistent Systems has created the Enterprise Cognitive Concierge.
Enterprise Cognitive Concierge allows organizations to deploy highly intelligent chatbots for typed and vocal interactions, both online and in store, to rapidly and cost-effectively improve your customer experience.
Social scientists confirm what we all know: Only a fraction of a message’s meaning is written or said; the true intent is delivered through context and non-verbal cues. To capture the full message being conveyed by the customer, Enterprise Cognitive Concierge relies on IBM Watson machine learning to process IoT-based voice and facial recognition technologies.
Why use Enterprise Cognitive Concierge?
Enterprises that have deployed Persistent’s Enterprise Cognitive Concierge are reporting the following benefits:
- A more engaging customer experience
- Reduced staffing needs
- Shorter wait times
- More accurate information
- Increased brand lift and engagement
- Improved customer satisfaction
Machine Maintenance Cloud from Persistent Systems
Anticipate maintenance. Practice repairs in advance. Eliminate downtime.
Unexpected breakdowns of industrial machinery can have costly and long-lasting ramifications for any business. But today’s Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities allow equipment in the field to:
- Continually diagnose itself
- Notify you when maintenance was required
- Alert you when a failure was imminent
The Machine Maintenance Cloud is the next revolution in the quest to eliminate costly downtime, blending four leading-edge technologies to keep your industrial machinery performing at its best:
- IoT: Connected devices monitor their own systems and report back to a centralized location.
- Cloud Computing: In the event one or more units drop off the network, neighboring units work to heal the connection and restore the flow of data.
- Machine Learning: The connected units learn from the performance of each other, continually improving their ability to diagnose maintenance needs and potential causes for failure over time.
- Augmented Reality: If repairs are needed, field service technicians can use augmented reality to conduct virtual repairs before they head out to the field, ensuring that the technicians have the repair parts they need and are capable of fixing it the first time.
You May Be Interested In
Beacon Award finalist recognition at the 2017 IBM PartnerWorld Leadership Conference in Las Vegas